Friday, December 20, 2019





||Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya||

Chapter – 67 – The legend of Vriththrasura - 3

The demons started to flee from the battlefield were caught in hand by Vriththrasura were received the knowledge of spirituality.  Vriththrasura said “ Oh! Men, listen to me carefully, it is a quite natural phenomenon that all the living being has to undergo death, thus the life cycle continues with the presence of Athman/soul, there is no permanent way out of it.   The body deteriorates called Sthoola Shareera, but the soul/mind known as Sookshma Shareera that has no death, once the body leaves, the soul takes another birth.  The pious, intellectuals and a renounced soul with a thorough knowledge of self attain union with the Bhramam.  Oh! Children, learn to die as a brave man, not like a fearful one, be fearless and look forward to your life with courage and enthusiasm.  Whatever going to happen should face fearlessly, therefore, face your death with courage.  There are two ways you can welcome your death, one attains Bhrama Nirvana that is the union of mind with the soul/Athma,  and another one is facing death with courage while performing one’s own duties and responsibilities.”  Even after listening to the marvelous advice of Vriththrasura, the demons could not stop themselves on the battlefield.  It enthused Lord Indra and deities to fight against the remaining army of demons.   



Vriththrasura said “ Oh! Deities, you are fighting for a selfish cause of Lord Indra, you should be ashamed of yourselves.  Lord Indra who disrespected his own preceptor Sage Bhrihaspathi, he accepted my brother Vishwaroopa as his preceptor was killed for his selfish reason.  Now, he put the illustrious Maharishi Dhadhichi in death for killing me.” Lord Indra got infuriated; he aimed Vajrayudha against Vriththasura who spanked  the forehead of the elephant Airavatha, with his sharp spear.  In a moment the elephant Airavatha lost its balance, Indra fell down from the top of it.  The deities were mystified to watch the power of Vriththrasura.  Lord Indra felt weak for a moment, Vriththrasura began to speak “ Oh! Indra, I feel ashamed of myself to stand before you, because you have humiliated your preceptor, you have killed my brother, even though you are Lord Indra, you have no honesty or integrity, therefore I feel embarrassed to fight against you. You have committed a grave sin, by indulging in the luxuries of your supreme abode.  Oh! Indra, while you were chasing wealth, luxuries, fame and glories and indulging in it, forgot that it will leave you one day, they are impermanent nature.  You have chosen the impermanent one, leaving the permanent and supreme wisdom.  Therefore, I have no desire to fight with you.  I have gained a permanent wealth of supreme knowledge of self, therefore I have no interest to fight with you.  Oh! Indra, I have already surrendered my intellect to the supreme Lord which is impossible to seize, hence you can take my body.  Oh! Devesh, why you did not utilize the weapon Vajrayudha? Undoubtedly, You can take my body, I do not need this.  This Vajrayudha will do its duty with the power and austerities of Maharishi Dhadhichi, not because of your skill.  I am willing to offer my body like that magnanimous Rishi Dhadhichi who offered his backbone to you.  I have attained a balanced mind from my preceptor Sankarshana.   Whoever contemplates upon supreme Lord with firm devotion and faith, would attain Lord himself to his devotees.  A renounced person handles every situation be it happiness or sorrow as the Prasada/gift of supreme Lord.  Whoever constantly contemplates upon him with intense faith and devotion with the knowledge that Dharma, Artha, Kama, and Moksha can be attained at ease, and shower all their compassion and faith upon supreme Lord, they would attain supreme Lord who provides the intense belief that HE is relentlessly following his worshiper to remove their extreme fears and anxieties.  Oh! Indra,  I am the servant of devotees of the devotees who are surrendered to the lotus feet of the Supreme Lord Hari.  My heart is already surrendered to that supreme Lord Hari who resides as soul and protects my body, and it is performing all the duties with the thought that I am the servant of Lord Hari.”