Friday, December 6, 2019





||Srimad Bhagavath Mahapuran||

||Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya||

Chapter – 54 - Jada Bharatha’s conversation with the King Raghugana -2


King Raghugana with folded hands said “ Oh! Mahatma/liberated soul, kindly introduce you.  You are not an ordinary soul, I have committed a grave sin, I have ordered to carry my palanquin on your shoulders. I am not scared of the Vajrayudha of Lord Indhra, I am not scared of the trident of Lord Shiva, I am not scared of the noose of Lord Yama, I am deeply concerned about my impolite comment on you.  Therefore, kindly do not curse me.  I am ignorant; I have spoken rudely about a renounced soul.  I have understood your greatness, I shall repeatedly prostrate before you, kindly forgive me.  Oh! Mahatma, I want to know about the eternal truth. I have worn out of miseries and sorrows, I have lost peace of mind and I was in search for Paramaguru Sage Kapila.  Kindly help me to bring the serenity of mind.  I am wholeheartedly willing to learn about the absolute truth/Paramarththa/highest of the philosophies. Oh! Mahatma, the vessel that holds water and rice get cooked in the fire if we assume body as a vessel, mind as water, and soul as rice, whatever going through the body and mind should affect the soul.  How could you say that the soul remains untouched?  Kindly narrate to me.”



Jadabharatha replied to King Raghugana “ Oh! Rajan, the mind has a great influence on our body, while I was carrying your palanquin I was not carrying you in my mind,  or not disturbed by your rude comments.  The intellectuals separate the action/Vyavahara and knowledge of supreme self, you need to understand how to separate them in your daily life.  You have been in the Grihasthashrama for long and taking pleasure in it without the knowledge of self, therefore you are bound by the miseries and sorrows of the worldly matters.  While in Grihasthashrama you should have taken an effort to understand your duties and responsibilities, and knowledge of self as well, as long as the mind immerses in worldly matters, it gets detached from the knowledge of self.  The mind which is absorbed in worldly matters undergoes sixteen types of emotions such as ego, jealousy, pride, anxiety, sorrow, greed, lust, desire, humiliation, anger, depression etc…. it does not allow the mind to concentrate on the knowledge of self.  Oh! Rajan, understands the truth that the life is full of extreme happiness and extreme sorrow, the intensity of the happiness and sorrows varies according to the circumstances, it is full of delusion, therefore do not let the happiness or sorrow embrace your mind that would create endless miseries and sorrows to you.  As long as you are fastened with the worldly matters it will not let you experience the supreme bliss.  Oh! Rajan, I shall narrate you in detail, our mind is like oil in the lamp, once the oil in the lamp emptied,  the fire like tribulations goes off.  The mind never keeps idle, it is constantly in search of matter, and therefore you have to educate your mind to focus in different matters which could bring peace and serenity.  The Kshethrajja/the supreme Lord resides as a soul in living beings, he is supreme Purusha, who is eternal, he has neither beginning nor end, he symbolizes supreme brilliance which removes the darkness of ignorance.  Oh! Rajan, he is supreme Lord Narayana who resides as a soul in living beings are engulfed in illusion; therefore we are incapable to realize his real nature.  Therefore, focus your mind on Bhagavan  Vasudeva who is Paresha to get relieved from all the miseries and sorrows of the worldly existence.”