Monday, January 13, 2020




||Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya||

Chapter – 93 –  The practice of meditation/Bhakti Yoga – 6


Kapila Vasudeva speaks “ Oh! Mother, a soul attains body due to its previous Karma and the influence of ‘Time’; interestingly, the soul chooses its destination and begins its journey from the male productive organ, eventually, it is deposited in the womb of a female.  The Shukla/egg deposited in white color remains in the womb for a night, within the five nights it transforms into water bubble, after ten days it turns the size of a pear and turns to the shape of an egg.  In the first month, the egg develops its head so that the supreme soul enters through the Bhramarandhra/tender upper part of the head, to decide what kind of body parts should be given to the soul, surprisingly the egg assumes the body parts bound by its previous Karma.   In the second month, the fetus develops hands and legs, later nails, hair, bone, and skin. In the third month, the fetus develops a productive organ.  In the fourth month the skin, muscles, blood, and bones develop.   In the fifth month, the fetus connects its life with the umbilical cord to its mother.   In the sixth month the fetus turns its position left or right and gradually turns upside down where it has deposited the excreta from the third month and develop consciousness, while living in this position the bacteria starts to grow in the excreta, it keeps attacking the head of the fetus, but the fetus remains helpless, it moves violently and loses its consciousness, sometimes it weeps in extreme pain.  Moreover, the fetus suffers from the extreme heat/spicy, acidity causing meals or cold of the meal consumed by its mother, all of these contribute intense pain all over the body.  Thus the fetus starts its struggle for its existence, it absorbs liquid form of the meal through the umbilical cord which was consumed by its mother.  The fetus prepares to come out of the womb-like a birdie pops its head out of the nest.  At this point of time, the infant gets a clear picture of its previous birth, it eulogizes the supreme Lord “ Oh! Bhagavan, I have attained the form of a human with your grace, kindly relieve me from all the fears and anxieties in this birth, I shall surrender at your lotus feet.  I have obtained this human form by my previous Karma, and the purpose of the birth is to complete the unfinished Karma, if I have to perform the tasks with this body and intellect, I need your eternal presence.   Hence, I shall prostrate before the supreme Lord who resides as a soul in me.  Oh! Purusha who is beyond Prakrithi, this body is made of five essential elements, and the sense organs functions with your presence, I shall repeatedly prostrate before you.  Oh! Lord who is all-pervading, you have given me the consciousness, wisdom, and knowledge, you are well capable to relieve all kinds of miseries and sorrows, I shall prostrate before you. Oh! Bhagavan, I do not want to leave this womb, even though it is full of grimy, because the outer world is unfamiliar and full of the darkness of ignorance, so I would prefer to remain here.  Oh! Bhagavan, I shall promise, I shall strive hard to elevate my soul to the supreme Lord who is dearest companion to the soul, and I do not want to commit any sin again and again, and go through endless miseries and sorrows.  Oh! Lord Vishnu, I shall take refuge at your lotus feet and shall engage in the worship of you.”