Friday, April 24, 2020




|| Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya||

Chapter – 24– The legend of Lord Krishna  – Vyasa Narada Samvadham


Narada speaks “ Oh! Parasharya Mahabhaga, if the Universe and its living beings cannot exist without the presence of the supreme soul in it, you have to sing in praise of that Supreme Lord who resides as a soul in us, it protects during the three states of sleep, awaken, and dream.  You have written very little about that all-pervasive nature of the supreme soul/Purusha in Gita and Mahabharath.”



Namo Bhagavathe Thubhyam Vasudevaya Dheemahi | Pradhyumnayanirudhdhaya Nama: Sankarshanaya Cha||


Maharishi Narada continues “Oh! Mahabhaga, I shall narrate my experience to you, listen to me carefully.  In my previous birth, I have born to a woman who is spiritually weak, my mother used to work in the homes of twice-born and saintly men,  I was five years old I have started following my mother to those homes of saintly men, I had no interest in anything other than being in the association of saintly men, I was in the appropriate place.  Once, the home of twice-born hosted saintly men to perform Chathurmasya Vratha, I have actively participated in all the preparations, and recitation, etc. I have taken good care of those saintly men, pious, and ascetics, I found immense pleasure in the association of them. I consume the leftover meal of those ascetics, they discuss on various scriptures, I would listen to them carefully, they narrate glorious legends of Krishna, and finally my mind and intellect wedged in their performance of austerities and the myths of Krishna. At the five years of age, I have understood the ultimate truth that the supreme Lord resides as a soul in me; I have to attain that Paramarththa Thaththvam.  The ascetics were so impressed seeing my humility, kindness, compassion and curiousness to learn, eventually, they enlightened me with the highest of the spiritual knowledge they have learned from the supreme Lord. I have sincerely serving those saints, contemplating upon the supreme Lord with the recitation of sacred chants, I have learned from them.  Thus, the time has arrived for the ascetics to leave the home of Vipra after the Chathurmasya Vratha. I have become desperate to live without them, wanted to leave Vipra’s home, but my mother was all alone, she was so attached to me, she has no one other than me to depend, therefore I could not leave with the ascetics.  Oh! Maharishi, I had a great fortune, once my mother went to milking cows in the dark hours did not return from the cowshed.  I went to look for her; she was already dead of serpent bite.  I have assumed this incident as the grace of the Supreme Lord, to relieve myself from the bondage of my mother, so that I can be with the ascetics once again. So, I did not feel it as a misfortune. I have left the place and arrived in the woods, found a stream, took ablutions and quench my thirst, took a seat under a huge tree on the river bank. I have started meditating upon the Supreme Lord as described by the ascetics, in this way I have continued meditation for several days, finally, I have envisioned that glorious form of Lord Hari.  Oh! Maharishi, I could not explain them in words, I have heaved to a supreme state of bliss,  suddenly, that glorious form disappeared from my sight, I have thrown into deep distress at the separation from the Supreme Lord, I couldn’t retrieve that marvelous form in my mind, I have become inconsolable.  At that moment, I could hear a divine voice, pronounced that I have not attained the serenity of the mind; therefore I couldn’t witness that glorious form in my life, the marvelous form appeared in my heart was to enhance my devotion and faith in supreme Lord. Further, the divine voice instructed me to serve the ascetics and remains in their association; gradually will attain union with that supreme Lord.”