Tuesday, April 28, 2020




|| Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya||

Chapter – 51 – The legend of Lord Krishna – The legend of King Pareekshith



King Pareekshith speaks “Oh! Mahatma, I am a fortunate one, I am extremely delighted to be in the association of you all. I have seven days to meet my death by serpent bite Thakshaka.  I have to contemplate upon the supreme Lord, live in his constant remembrance; I have to be able to face my death without any trepidations.  Oh! Noble souls, if I am failed to elevate my soul with the constant contemplation, I have only one desire, if I was born again I should live in the constant remembrance of Lord, and the association of saintly people like you.  I shall repeatedly prostrate before you.”  Thus, all the Rishis and Sages assembled were recited glorious names of Lord, the entire atmosphere of the sacred river Ganga echoed in the recitation of Vedic chants.


King Pareekshith enquired the sages assembled “Oh! Mahatma, I am waiting for my death as predicted by the Vipra, I am not able to concentrate my mind and intellect on the recitation, and it is already crammed with the thoughts and fear of death on the seventh day.  Therefore, how did I get rid of the thoughts about the fear of death and contemplate the supreme Lord? How did I face death with no fear? How did I continue meditation without any disturbances?”



Soon, there arrived Maharishi Shukha Bhramam who is the son of Maharishi Vedavyasa. An Avadhootha, who is an absolute Bhramam, not conscious about the Prakrithi or body, always in a state of supreme bliss, the union of the soul with the Supreme Lord attired in lion clothe was followed by several thousands of women and children singing in praise of the Supreme Lord.  Shukha Bramham has thin and long stature, hairs falling down the shoulder, a handsome youth in his teens, attractive long arms and legs, lustrous cheeks and face, he has conch shaped neck and a pleasing smile on his face.  All the sages and Rishis assembled were raised from their seats and greeted him with great reverence.  Vishnuratha/King Pareekshith approached Shukha Bhramam with folded hands and received him with great honor, offered a raised seat to him, and seated at his feet like a disciple.