Friday, January 24, 2020




||Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudhevaya||

Chapter – 108 – The legend of Vamana -4

Vindhyavali speaks “Oh! Bhagavan, you are the creator of the Universe and its living beings, and you are taking extreme pleasure in various amusements, you are the supreme soul who undertakes the functions of creation, preservation, and destruction as well. Oh! Bhagavan, you are all-pervading, you have already measured the Earth in two strides which includes my husband as well.” Lord Bhrama appeared before Lord Vamana who kept his feet on Mahabali, Lord Bhrama speaks “ Oh! Bhoothabhavana, Oh! Bhoothesha, Oh! Devadeva, Oh! Jaganmaya,  Vairochana has offered all those possession on this Earth to you, therefore kindly do not punish him anymore.” Lord Vishnu smiled and replied “Oh! Lord Bhrama, if I want to shower my grace upon individuals, I will take a test on their devotion, and put a test on all that belongs to them.   If they cry over the lost possession and splendor I will leave my hold on them. Hence, if anyone wants to get my grace, I will definitely test their devotion, keep a hold on their belongings if they do not have faith in me, I will leave my hold too.  Whoever surrendered to me, I will not leave them.  I will not punish Vairochana, who is eminent and greatest devotee in the demons; he would be blessed with my eternal protection.  Oh! Lord Bhrama, I shall describe the reason to you, after seizing all his possession and keeping my feet on his head,  Vairochana was neither disappointed nor intimidated, and he has already won over my unconquerable Maya.  Hence he is deserved to be in a world where there is no miseries, pain, agonies, and sorrows.”



Lord Vamana spoke to Vairochana.  “Oh! Vairochana, I shall shower all the auspiciousness to you, and send to you the Suthalaloka, which is superior to the abode of Lord Indira, the place where the deities yearn to reside.  I will protect you always in the Suthalaloka with my permanent presence.  You will be freed from all the miseries and sorrows.” In this way, Lord Vishnu elevated the soul of Vairochana who has intense devotion and faith upon the supreme Lord.


The meaning of spirituality is the acceptances of all the happenings, whether it is pleasant or unpleasant as the grace of Lord, and makes an effort to elevate the soul from the miseries and sorrows of worldly existence and contemplate upon him. It is the practice of individual effort to elevate the soul to supreme Lord.  Whoever makes an effort to elevate the soul would be protected and relieved from the worldly bondage and miseries of worldly existence with the grace of supreme Lord.    The legend of Mahabali reveals the graciousness of him, even after losing entire wealth to Lord Vishnu.  He did not get attached to his possessions or glories, he generously offered the entire wealth to the Vatu Vamana, he was neither alarmed or wretched after losing the entire wealth, he firmly hold on the faith to supreme Lord,  even refused to pay attention to his preceptor Shukracharya, or his wealth, or his own body, and elevated his soul to supreme Lord.  The legend of Vama teaches the sense of sharing one’s own possessions, glories and wealth for the welfare of others, with the sense of complete surrender to supreme Lord.  The sense of attachment over people and possession would create intense grief and sorrow.  The King Vairochana who was thoroughly aware of the essence of Bhagavatha, and his responsibilities to share his wealth and possession to living beings, he was neither attached to people or possession, and he was completely surrendered to supreme soul.