Thursday, January 23, 2020





||Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudhevaya||

Chapter – 107 – The legend of Vamana -3


Shukha Bhramam speaks “  Oh! Pareekshith, The proceedings of the charity began, Shukracharya rushed to Mahabali and stopped him, he spoke to Mahabali “ Oh! Vairochana, This is not Vatu, he is supreme Lord Mahavishnu who is all-pervading was born to Devi Adhithi and Sage Kashyapa, he has arrived here to fulfill the desires of the deities.  He is Lord Srihari who is going to take away all your fame, fortune, possessions, wealth, and splendor and he will give to Lord Indra.  Oh! Fool, this tiny foot will occupy the entire Universe, and you will remain with nothing, Oh! Ignorant one, how did you live without anything in this world? I could envisage his tiny feet would perform a miracle, he will measure the world with one stride, and he will measure the Dhik/directions in the second stride, where did he keep the foot for the third stride? What would you offer for his third stride?  Let me explain to you, how to perform charity with wealth.  The wealth earned should be distributed equally for five deeds such as  Dharma/righteousness/ building ponds, shrines, wells, shelter homes, etc., Yashas/for the elevation of soul such as conduct pilgrimage and learning scriptures, performance of Yaga, Yagna, etc,  Arththa/investments for the future, Kama/fulfilling desires, and spend for the welfare of your own people, therefore you cannot offer all your wealth to him. Oh! Rajan, listen to me carefully, in some cases, you can withdraw from your promises, in some cases, lies are considered as forgiving, lies to the woman while performing a marriage, lies to accomplish certain tasks, lies to protect from life-threatening incidents, and lies to protect Bhramin and cows.  Therefore, you can make an amendment to your promise to Vatu Vamana.”  Vairochana replied “Oh! Preceptor, if I have agreed to someone to offer or share my wealth, I will not change my promise.  I am not scared of hell, I am not scared of the curse of Vipra, but I will not withdraw from the promises to Vatu Vamana.”  Shukracharya was in a rage, listening to the adamant nature of Mahabali after giving enough lecture about the charity, he cursed Mahabali “ Oh! Vairochana, you have disrespected my words, you will lose all your fame and wealth.”  Vairochana was not alarmed about the curse of his preceptor Shukracharya.  Vairochana called out for Vindhyavali to conduct the charity proceedings, the water was offered in the hands of Vairochana as an initiation of the proceedings.  Soon, the Vatu Vamana assumed a colossal form, gradually he has increased the size even Mahabali could not witness the complete form of supreme Lord, before that he realized that the Vamana measured the entire directions and the Earth in one stride, and in second stride measured the heaven, with the two strides Vamana measured the entire wealth of Mahabali, there was no inch left for the third stride.  Lord Vishnu looked at the face of Mahabali and asked “ Oh! Vairochana, where shall I keep my third stride?” the demons assembled were shrieked out, Vairochana stopped the demons that created chaos and said “Oh! Demons, stop your atrocity, the time is not in favor of us, therefore stop all your cries.  All that I have gained with the grace of the Supreme Lord and he has taken back all that he has given, patiently wait for the favorable time, you need not cry on it.”  Lord Vishnu brought the celestial vehicle Garuda, Vairochana was fastened with Varuna Pasha.  Lord Vishnu asked " Oh! Vairochana where shall I keep my third stride?"  Vairochana with folded palms said “ Oh! Bhagavan, you are the most respected one in the Universe, I shall offer my head to measure with your third stride, Oh! Bhagavan, I am not scared of your punishments, or Varuna Pasha, I am scared of not fulfilling my promises.” Even though Vairochana was fastened with the Varuna Pasha, he was neither disappointed nor grieved over the loss of wealth."