Saturday, April 18, 2020





|| Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya||

Chapter – 7 – The legend of Lord Krishna -  7 – Mahathmayi

Aham Bhakthirithikhyatha Imau Mey Thanayau Mathau| Gnana Vairagya Namanau Kalayogena Jarjarau||

Maharishi Narada spoke “ Oh! Devi, who are you? Who are these two children? What is the cause of your grief?”


The young woman began to speak “ Oh! Mahamune, I am Bhakti, the fortunate one, my children Gnana and Vairagya are unconscious, and they have reached the latter years of life due to the influence of ‘Time’.  I am surrounded by the sacred Ganga, female deities and others.  Oh! Mune, I have born in Dhravidadhesham, I have prospered in Karnataka and Maharashtra, I have lost charm in Gujarath, I have moved with my children to Vrindavan, I have gained my youth immediately, but my children could not retain their youths. I can’t understand, how did it happen to me?  I am fortunate to meet you and thereby elevate the soul of mine and my children, kindly remove our grief.”


Maharishi Narada speaks “ Oh! Devi, the Kali era has arrived, there will be loss of righteousness all over the Earth, and the people will not learn the Shastras properly, blindly follow their customs without the knowledge of it. Oh! Devi, do not get anxious, we will collectively make every efforts to revive your children.”


Devi Bhakti repeatedly prostrated before Maharishi Narada and speaks “Oh! Mahamune who is the son of Lord Bhrama, I am fortunate to meet the illustrious Rishi who elevated the soul of the infant/Prahladha, while in mother’s womb, and raised the soul of five year-old Druva to attain the status of the pole star, I shall repeatedly prostrate before you.”


Maharishi Narada meditated for a while to find a way to revive the children of Devi Bhakti. He recited Vedic chants, Vedantha on the ears of the children, Alas! it did not work. He recited Bhagavath Gita, the children were half opened their eyes, yawned and closed their eyes.  Maharishi Narada was disappointed, contemplated upon supreme Lord, he could hear a Vyomavani/divine voice instructing him not to get unhappy, and advised to perform a superior deed/Sathkarma.  Maharishi Narada pacified Devi Bhakti and went in search of saintly men to get further advice on the divine voice.


Jayathi Jayathi Mayam Kasya  Kayadhavasthe  Vachanarachanamekam Kevalam Chakalayya| Dhruvapadhamapi Yatho Yathkripatho Dhruvoyam Sakala Kushalapathram Bhramaputhram Nathasami||